Saturday, July 23, 2016

Beach Essentials: What I Bring to the Beach


So, I love going to the beach more than anyone I know ( maybe it's a cancer thing) but sometimes I get restless because there isn't much to do at the beach. I mean don't get me wrong the waves and the sand are more than enough for me but whilst splashing in the seas sometimes the sweltering heat can make it unbearable and I begin to crave cold relief. To beat the heat and maximize your enjoyment at the beach here are a few essentials that I love to bring to the shores.



1. SUNSCREEN- this is a must, sunscreen protects against those beaming sun rays + those harmful rays can cause cancer and premature aging (who wants that?)  So, make sure you pack yourself a nice tube of sunscreen to save you some trouble. I myself prefer the higher SPF's since the sun at the beach seems to be most direct.  Neutrogena 100+ SPF does the trick for me and it's waterproof for up to an hour!



2. WATER- Now you might think, now that just sounds silly why would I need water to go to a huge body of water but while in the sun it is important to stay hydrated because getting dehydrated can be extremely dangerous + salt water just doesn't have the same effect.



3. SNACKS- I don't know about you but I'm always hungry. For such a small person I can scarf down a lot of food. To make sure that  I stay healthy I try and snack on foods that aren't unnecessarily fattening. I love skinny pop (not to keep me skinny or anything) I just LOVE the way it tastes. I especially enjoy the original flavor it has that sweet and salty combo that I love.



4. SLIP ON SHOES- I know you're probably saying "Come on now, shoes on a beach?!" but really the sand does get quite hot sometimes and I found myself burning the soles of my feet. I cute pair of slip on shoes will help to keep your paws safe. I like my slip on Birkenstock dupes from Necessary Clothing.


5. SUNGLASSES- This has to be one of my favorite items, simply because of the fact that there are so many cute sunnies to choose from. You can protect your pupils in style with a nice statement pair. I chose these oversized glasses with a teal rim for a cute touch.


6.  A NICE BOOK- Yes, some people go to the beach to get in the water (such as I) but sometimes when I'm tired of the water I like to lay in the sun with a nice book. Currently I've been reading Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death & Brain Surgery by Henry Marsh. It's a good read if you're not to squeamish and are into non-fiction memoirs like I am.


For those creative types a nice coloring book is also loads of fun! I personally love this coloring book  , Color Yourself Calm: 100 Peaceful Passages to Color. It's full of self empowering messages and tons of awesome designs to color, peacefully of course.



7. SOME TUNES- I don't know about you but I love a nice playlist to chill and relax to on the beach. It's like escaping away to another world.


8. BEACH TOTE- How else were you going to carry all of these things?! I chose a cute tote bag from Cotton On to carry my essentials. It's SO huge!