Saturday, July 16, 2016

My Trip to Austin + Touring my school


So, I just got back from one of the most eye opening trips and it wasn't even out of the country! It was to the college that I'll be attending this fall.

I didn't really know if I wanted to go this school or any school at that matter.
But I didn't tell anyone (especially not my parents) To me I thought the only way to be something was to go to college but that just isn't true.

I was excited to tour my school but that was trampled by the uneasy and fearful feelings I had. What if I didn't like this school? What if I don't make any friends? What if I made the wrong decision? I was really scared but I got on the plane anyway and prayed for the best ( the fear went away after I prayed 🙏🏾, God works wonders)

When the plane landed I was too tired to have any emotions anymore so we ( my parents and I) got to the hotel and went to sleep. 

The Morning of the tour:
I woke that morning and got ready I looked in my bag for the cutest and most comfortable I could put together. I put on makeup ( something I RARELY do and something I'd later regret) I was so ready to go on the tour that I could hardly eat breakfast! 

In the car:
We left the hotel late and the gps kept on giving us the wrong directions and my father almost gave up on going (something I didn't hear until the next day thank god!) needless to say the morning didn't start off that great. But I didn't even notice since I had my headphones in for the entire ride. (God was really protecting me because he knows how easily discouraged I can get sometimes)

At the school: We finally get there and it's hot and I'm trying to figure out how to get to the main building and my father keeps nagging! I was so gust rated but not discouraged. With the help of a maintenance guy we go into the building and what do ya know we're on time.

The tour: With every tour there's an informational session and that's what happened some person who works at the school and went to the school talks to you about the school. Then the actual tour begins.

I found myself at piece and not anxious to stay in the front ( like I usually am on tours) I just really wanted to take in the scenery ( and what a beautiful scenery it was.) I was so...... at peace. The school sits on top of a hill and overlooks the city it was so darn peaceful!!!! I could see myself being there. Unlike other campuses I found myself wanting to take pictures and record and snapchat everything. I loved it!!!

But it took me looking back at the video to realize just how much I enjoyed the campus and now I can't wait to go back in the fall. I made the right decision.

I'm saying ALL of this just to say one thing, making decisions is a part of growing up and sometimes you'll make the wrong ones and sometimes you'll make the right ones and it's okay to do both.

Here are some pictures of the view and MY school: